Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christian_
Former Member
Message 21 of 45

Re: No updates to Anti-Spam content

It had been updated automatically today:

McAfee_Anti-Spam_Day1AfterReinstall.jpg

--> Now waiting Spammails to become less...

Peacekeeper
Message 22 of 45

I am the opposite rarely see any as my ISP filters them i think. good luck

christian_
Former Member
Message 23 of 45

Well... Now after one month...

I can see Updates coming regularily:

... but no Spammail is identified since that month:

... even I've provided McAfee with almost 200 different Spammails..?!!?

What is the reason for that? There isn't identified any Spammail... Not even ONE!

As I explained earlier already... Something's wrong... I'm annoyed by Spammails since last October/November... So... Almost 1 year... Doesn't anybody notice that?

Thx for any help...

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 45

@christian_

It seems that you are not subscribed directly to McAfee? Affld would be 0. Perhaps you could contact your provider,or contact McAfee Technical Support through your McAfee Consumer Support Portal

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 25 of 45

No my version is 17.3.159 version Content 6107 . No issues but then minimal spam. Personally I would reinstall after a clean uninstall as a 1st thought.I assume the AS settings are correct for the email program you are using?

Uninstall Mcafee

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 45

Of course that is the usual recourse to take usually. I was simply suggesting the user to ask his provider's opinion

Actually this discussion is almost a (Year) old.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
christian_
Former Member
Message 27 of 45

Good morning,

@

​: What does it mean 'not subscribed directly to McAfee'?

@

1. Well,... As you will remember: I've reinstalled this SecurityCenter to fix my Trouble with the update of Anti-Spam-Content... 
  2. AS Settings aren't touched after my reinstall; so these are 'McAfees install pre-set'.
Peacekeeper
Message 28 of 45

Re not directly subscribed CD means you have bought your version not directly from Mcafee which can slow up updates. ie your affid is not 0. Ok I have not checked this though I see Dell is shown as your partner did you get Mcafee via them?

christian_
Former Member
Message 29 of 45

Ah... okay. Yes, in the very beginning I've started with McAfee using a Trial-Abo installed on my DELL Computer.

And even I've bought new Computers during the time and downloaded the Software from my McAfee-Account, this seems to be still registered as of coming from DELL, right?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 45

If your Affld number is 0, it would be directly from McAfee

For example;

Capture.PNG

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community