Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minsc
Former Member
Message 1 of 45

No updates to Anti-Spam content

mc.png

I just noticed, the Anti-Spam content version on my machine doesn't appear to have updated since the last program update. I used to remember it updating the content every day. Is there a problem on my system, or is this now how it works?

44 Replies
minsc
Former Member
Message 2 of 45

Re: No updates to Anti-Spam content

Can anyone of the mods here check their details to see what their content version file is numbered?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 45

I hate to say that mine is at 5706, even older than yours.

There appear to be no updates available either.

minsc
Former Member
Message 4 of 45

So, your build is the same as mine, but your content version older?

It's strangle because I remember the content updating itself every day automatically. Even if you manually checked for updates, the Anti-Spam content ones only ever updated automatically in the background. This is going back a few months, obviously.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 45

Same build. However I will admit I only just turned on Anti-Spam, so maybe it hasn't had a chance to update yet.  

I wasn't aware it was daily however, only the AV engine updates is daily as far as I know.

minsc
Former Member
Message 6 of 45

Yep, I'm sure the content version used to update on a daily basis, and doing a manual check for updates never invoked it - it always updated automatically in the background.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 45

​,

Before I did a 'Fresh Uninstall/Reinstall' on October 17/2016, I had Anti-Spam installed and from my past experiences it updated separately (Automatically) polling several times daily on the 'Content Version'. So yes the actual times and dates would change as well.

In the latest Version\Build I am uncertain, as I elected to (Not) install this feature, as my email client has a stringent filter as it is.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 45

It was daily mine still seems to install daily but I am on the 15.1 version of security centre. Build AS 5846 3 November. I watched and it updated to that version . Last update was 7pm last night my time now 12 hrs later.

2 suggestions

1, run MVT and see if that tool will fix the issue

2. Reinstall the program and get 15.1

3 call support

All options on the bottom of the page here

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 45

My Anti-Spam has the same build and engine version as minsc's, but the content version is 5843. The last Version update was on 23/07/2016, but the Content update is fairly recent at 31/10/2016.

I thought Anti-Spam used to update daily as well, but maybe its the Content that updates on a regular basis rather than the Version. According to the About page I'm using McAfee Security Center 14.0 version.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 45

I think you're right.   I don't really use it as I have an external spam filtering service, but turned it on only for the purpose of researching this thread.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community