Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waleedakasha
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Mskolplg.dll error in outlook 2007

Jump to solution

Hi guys, I appreciate your help in advance, hope to get a solutions for my problem.

I am using office 2007 and Windows 7 (64 bit).  This morning I uninstalled the free trial McAfee antivirus software that came pre-installed with my new Sony Vaio notebook.

Outlook was NOT opened when I did this. however, whenever I open outlook now I am getting an error message telling me that:

Mskolplg.dll can't be loaded and has been disabled by outlook. It also asks me to contact the manufacturer for an update, if no update is available please uninstall the addin.

I went to Outlook-->tools-->trust center-->Add-ins and there was no trace for any McAfee addin!!!

Can someone PLEASE help me?? The above message appears whenever I open outlook now !!

as I said I uninstalled McAfee completely, correctly and did a restart normally after that.

error message attached

Thanks again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Re: Mskolplg.dll error in outlook 2007

Jump to solution

<< I went to Outlook-->tools-->trust center-->Add-ins and there was no trace for any McAfee addin!!!

Note there's "Manage" scroll box in the bottom part of this page with default "COM Add-ins" selection.

Change this to "Exchange client extensions" and press Go. In a pop-up dialog uncheck McAfee Anti-Spam.

Outlook caches plug-in info, and somehow during uninstall this was not cleared.

Sorry for inconvenience.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

There must be some registry keys of mcafee still left in your pc. Please run the McAfee removal tool from this link http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100507&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216&turl...

and restart the computer.

Open outlook and kindly update me whether you still receive the error message.

Regards,

Dinesh K

waleedakasha
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Dinesh and thanks for the help,

I am afraid the same error message appeared again even after downloading, running the tool and rebooting..

any other ideas please ?

okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

<< I went to Outlook-->tools-->trust center-->Add-ins and there was no trace for any McAfee addin!!!

Note there's "Manage" scroll box in the bottom part of this page with default "COM Add-ins" selection.

Change this to "Exchange client extensions" and press Go. In a pop-up dialog uncheck McAfee Anti-Spam.

Outlook caches plug-in info, and somehow during uninstall this was not cleared.

Sorry for inconvenience.

waleedakasha
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank you very much okv, problem solved

Thanks for the help guys.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Glad that your issue is resolved . . . . Do report back if you have any other issues.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

anil8009
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Mr. Dinesh,

I get the same message for my Outlook 2007 and my outlook doesnt opens at all

I tried to click on the link you have given above but the page doesnt opens and i get the message attached

Please advice the action further

Regards,

Anil

Page not found msg.jpg

Dinz
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Anil,

If you have already tried the fix by okv in this page , please follow the instructions here to uninstall and reinstall McAfee programs:

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community