cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee trial over, but Hotmail/Outlook online still has McAfee Antispam that I can't turn off

My new laptop came with McAfee one month trial.  Which I used and then did not purchase (went with a different anti-virus solution), but somehow McAfee is still running in the background shunting some of my hotmail emails to an Antispam folder. I can't figure out how to turn this off.

I use free hotmail/outlook online in a browser, but do not have the outlook program.

All the advice I see on this recommends either doing something in the Outlook program (which I don't have), or changing a setting in McAfee (which I don't have).

HELP! This McAfee "feature" is driving me nuts. 

It isn't even doing a good job of screening spam, it's sending mostly valid emails to the folder and if I move them out, it just moves them back to the spam folder with another [SPAM] appended to their subject line.  So they now have subjects starting with [SPAM] [SPAM] [SPAM]

3 Replies

Re: McAfee trial over, but Hotmail/Outlook online still has McAfee Antispam that I can't turn off

Hi @McAfVirusTrial 

We deeply regret for the inconvenience.

We kindly request you to use the McAfee Consumer Product removal tool mentioned in the below article to remove McAfee and its traces from your PC. 

If you need more assistance, please contact our Technical Support.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

Re: McAfee trial over, but Hotmail/Outlook online still has McAfee Antispam that I can't turn off

Hello,

Thank you for the response. 

You referred to an article in your response, but I don't see any article listed.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

hello,

the article to remove Mcafee from Pc can be found here;

McAfee KB - How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows (TS101331)

under Method 2 in this article the MCPR is mentioned.

if you click on this Method you will see a download link for this tool.

hope this solves the problem for you.

greetings

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community