Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gersch
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

McAfee LiveSafe Letting Messages Marked as Spam into Inbox

I have tagged a number of emails as Spam and normally I would expect them to be moved to the McAfee Anti-Spam folder but they are still being deliverd to the Inbox instead.  I checked the Settings for McAfee Anti-Spam and under Email Processing the option to "Move email to the Anti-Spam folder" is checked. 

I'm aware that some clever spammers alter their return adresses slightly to try to foil anti-spam engines but in this instance the addresses are the same as the ones that I previously marked as Spam.  I'm not sure why the same addresses are being allowed to enter the Inbox if they have been marked as Spam.

I'm using McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security version 12.8 Build 12.8.903 with McAfee Anti-Spam version 13.8 Build 13.8.706 with Windows 8.  Any suggestions???

Message was edited by: gersch on 12/18/13 1:35:39 PM CST

Message was edited by: gersch on 12/18/13 1:35:57 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community