Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerardv1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 14

McAfee LIvesafe Anti_Spam not working

I am using windows 10 and Outlook 2016. Mcaffe Live Safe has not worked since early Nov. I have spent hours online with McAfee trying to resolve the issue. There has been no solution. They keep sending emails saying my case(#2129883024) is under review and occasionally phone me to say that a patch will be available in a few days. It's approaching 2 months now and McAfee LiveSafe is still not working. I don't understand how what I thought was a reputable company can let this happen. Any help would be appreciated.

13 Replies

Re: McAfee LIvesafe Anti_Spam not working

I'll ask the resident tech to take a look at the case and see what progress is being made.

Can you post your last submission reference number?

Edit: oops you did post it, ignore that.

​ can you take a look at the progress in the above case please?

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 14

We could also bring this up as a 'Topic of Discussion' on 1/9/2017 on our Conference call , if you think we need to. Quite possibly Selvan can address it,since you asked.

I take that the OP means that the Anti-Spam feature is not functioning properly, not LiveSafe as a whole?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Best summarize the actual issue here as well please in case others see the same.

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Good Idea PK...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

What kind of SPAM is not being blocked? I also have LIVESAFE and in the last 2 months I have been receiving SPAM emails that show just a single alphabet letter
as the from line. Most of them I can manually earmark as SPAM but they they still keep coming. I also get SPAM with pages and pages of Chinese letters which will
not be identified by McAfee or Outlook and I have to manually drag to the junk. When I talked to MCAFEE last month they said they are working on it. I wonder how long it will take for the Experts at McAfee to figure it out. It is irritating to have to manually screen your SPAM daily when your Anti-Virus is supposed to do it for you. Note: I have all of the filters turned up to allow nothing but contacts and what I have earmarked as safe.

Have you spoken to your ISP?  Perhaps they need to tighten their webmail spam filtering?

Further comment I'll leave to Peacekeeper or Catdaddy as the experts.

BTW Technical Support is free and by far the quickest way of getting things solved.

If at first they can't solve it, ask for an escalation.

Contact Support

My email provider is MSN/Outlook/Hotmail and I have those filters turned up to the max. What I don't understand is that I can't find the corresponding SPAM in the outlook inbox, junk folder, or Pop folder but yet they show up in my Outlook 2003 inbox.

That is curious.  Unfortunately even though I have it installed, I don't use Outlook, nor do I use Anti-Spam because an outside filtering service does that work for me so stuff I pop into my desktop rarely has spam in the mix..

Hopefully someone with knowledge will chip in here soon.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community