cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CT-HelpfulHippo
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Affiliate Earning Commissions by Spamming ?

I have found repeated examples of spammers sending emails with the end result being a link to McAfee with what seems to be an affiliate ID.

This is a spam email being directed to a legitimate McAfee link. Why is this allowed ? And why is it so hard to report ? I have called multiple times, and forwarded countless times to THE spam address at mcafee each time explaining it's not a scam, it's a bad affiliate.

I have full details, headers, etc. If someone wants to reach out to me.

❤️

Recent Link goes to:

www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/landing-page/direct/aff/mtp-family/desktop/mcafee-total-protection.htm...

3 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Affiliate Earning Commissions by Spamming ?

Hi @CT-HelpfulHippo 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Cybercriminals target individuals through fake emails that look as if they've been sent from an established and legitimate company. Their goal is to get you to reveal your private and sensitive information such as your credit card details, date of birth, social security number, and more. Kindly refer the below article for complete details.

You get fake emails from scammers posing as McAfee

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

CT-HelpfulHippo
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

@Sudharsanam_G1 , Please read the issue and not reply simply with copy and paste...

THIS IS NOT phishing... this is affiliate abuse... Affiliate 1079 is spamming and McAfee is paying them a commission for doing so.

An affiliate is spamming to generate revenue... Is this acceptable to the affiliate program ? If money comes in, don't ask questions ?

Here are the link details, looks like mcafee right ? What in the details below shows the affiliate ? the affid field ?

https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/landing-page/direct/aff/mtp-family/desktop/mcafee-total-protec...

here is the rest of the link 

?irclickid=&clickid=&csrc=LQ&csrcl2=1194115&sharedid=2577635&adid=1092541

&cctype=desktop&ccstype=partnerlinks&ccoe=direct&ccoel2=am

&affid=1079&param3=196_588850_3700_3265395_md

&param2=8q4o25bjxl1i&param1=350052&pkg_id=521&culture=en-us&prgt=lc

Sudharsanam_G1
Message 4 of 4

Hi @CT-HelpfulHippo 

Greetings from McAfee!

I have sent a personal message. Kindly revert back with the requested details to assist you further.

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community