Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gitel
Former Member
Message 1 of 16

How do I stop McAfee from sending all my e-mails to the Anti-spam folder

Jump to solution

I'm using Outlook 2010 with Cox Security Suite, McAfee Security Center version 11.6, Anit-Spam version 12.6. 2-3 days ago it started suddenly sending all my e-mails to the Anti-Spam folder, even though it previously allowed them.  I've had to pain stakingly mark each one as a friend. It's even putting some e-mails that are in the friends list in the Anti-Spam folder. How can I stop this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 16

Re: How do I stop McAfee from sending all my e-mails to the Anti-spam folder

Jump to solution

Uninstall all McAfee from Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program, (Add or Remove Programs in XP)

Run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Reinstall from your online account.

Or. contact Technical Support via the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

It's free by phone or online chat.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
mezzo
Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Jump to solution

This very same thing has happened to my 80 year old father.  It began (likely) two days ago.  Any fix would be most welcomed, as I am trying to troubleshoot from 2,000 miles away.

thench
Former Member
Message 3 of 16

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me last week.  Most of my email is going to the McAfee Anti-Spam folder- even those emails that I mark as "Never Block"  I'm now using the McAfee Anti-Spam folder as my inbox. It must have come with my new laptop, but I've had it since May and it wasn't happening until last week. I can't find any McAfee programs to delete and it doesn't show up as an Add-in within Outlook. How can I correct this please?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 16

Jump to solution

Uninstall all McAfee from Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program, (Add or Remove Programs in XP)

Run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Reinstall from your online account.

Or. contact Technical Support via the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

It's free by phone or online chat.

thench
Former Member
Message 5 of 16

Jump to solution

Thank you Ex_Brit.  I believe the MCR cleanup tool worked.  I forgot to close Outlook the first time I ran the MCR cleanup tool, so McAfee continued to filter 1 of 3 of my test emails from different senders.  I closed Outlook and reran the MCR cleanup tool - I think that solved my problem. I am extremely grateful to you.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 16

Jump to solution

Sometimes a good cleanout works....the software corrupts for whatever reason.

Glad you are OK now.

gitel
Former Member
Message 7 of 16

Jump to solution

Thanks. I removed and reinstalled the software and ran the clean-up tool. So far it looks like it might have worked. We'll see.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 16

Jump to solution

That's great, all the best 😉

hedge
Former Member
Message 9 of 16

Jump to solution

Hello,

I had same problem as described...Began on 7/16, and never had a problem prior except for an occasion email going into SPAM.  We used McAfee Live Chat and were advised of same procedure. We uninstalled McAfee, we ran MCPR Cleanup Tool, reinstalled McAfee - it worked great for rest of day, until the next morning it started SPAMing most email again.  Could this be an issue with Cox?  Could something have changed in recent update of McAfee's that does not work well with Outlook for Windows 8 or Cox?  I have tried the procedure again, it works fine but then reverts back again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 16

Jump to solution

I would imagine that Technical Support would like to know about that so I suggest contacting them again  and if possible give them the original case ID #.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/07/13 4:57:26 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community