cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gigsley
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

Can't connect to POP server Since Today's Upgrade

Update happened now I can't connect to my POP server. I have opened ports 110,143,25 in the firewall settings and still can't connect. I have disabled the firewall and still can't connect. I have removed the program and can connect just fine. I have had Total Protection 2010 since 12/29/2009 it worked fine. Today came this update and now!!!!!

Have chatted with tech support to no avail >4hrs.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Message was edited by: Gigsley on 2/23/10 6:25:09 PM CST

Message was edited by: Gigsley on 2/23/10 6:42:01 PM CST
11 Replies
user_135799
Former Member
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can't connect to POP server Since Today's Upgrade

Hi,

Check the date and time, if it is not correct, correct it and restart the computer

What is the type of Operating system ? ( Windows XP / Windows VISTA / Windows 7 )

What is the type of internet connection ? ( DSL / Dial-up / Cable / Wireless / Satellite )

Are you connected with a router ?

Get back to us with the above details

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 12

Hi Gigsley,

Along with the above requested information, please let us know what is the version of McAfee products you have installed ?

Open security center and let us know whether it says Am I protected YES or Your computer is secure ?

Also May I know whether do you receive any error message while connecting to your POP server , if possible try to attach a screen shot for the same.

Note: Moving thread to Antispam 11 - 2010

Regards,

Dinesh K

on 2/24/10 6:48:16 AM GMT-06:00
Gigsley
Former Member
Message 4 of 12

>

#1 My computer has the correct date and time

#2 I am running Windows Vista home premium SP2 32bit on a Gateway P-6825 lap top 1.5ghz Centrino 4gb Ram

#3 Connection wireless N protocol to Linksys WRT 610N router dhcp to motorola cable modem

#4 Mcaffe reports  Your Computer is Secure

Ports 143,110,25 are open.

Only when I uninstall Mcafee then can I connect and recieve my mail properly.

Everthing was fine untill yesterday.

Message was edited by: Gigsley on 2/24/10 10:38:03 AM CST
user_135799
Former Member
Message 5 of 12

Hi,

I read your message, fine ! So right now you reinstalled mcafee or it is not there in your computer

Gigsley
Former Member
Message 6 of 12

I have reinstalled again from download. Only when I removed Mcafee did i recieve mail properly.

I have downloaded again reinstalled and the problem repeats.

JBally
Former Member
Message 7 of 12

Hi

Did you have any luck with this problem? Sounds like the same thing I'm having and I can't seem to get any response from anyone

ShawnWallace
Former Member
Message 8 of 12

What email client are you using to connect to the POP3 account?

JBally
Former Member
Message 9 of 12

I'm using windows mail....I was using McAfee antivirus before and didn't have any issues.

Message was edited by: JBally on 3/31/10 12:21:54 PM CDT
Gigsley
Former Member
Message 10 of 12

It took quite a bit of doing to fix my problem. McAfee had to be uninstalled and then the registry cleaned out of any traces of McAfee. Then started over with a fresh install this fixed the problem.

If you are uncomfortable with this you can go online with support and they will have you download a program called "go to assist" which will allow them remote control of your computer so that they may do this process for you. This is done at level 2 support which requires a phone call back at a specific time to initiate the above.

Hope this helps, I know it is not what you wanted to hear.

Gigsley

Message was edited by: Gigsley on 3/31/10 1:16:33 PM CDT

Message was edited by: Gigsley on 3/31/10 1:17:30 PM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community