cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dms26
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Any Release Dates on AS 13 or Updated TB Extension??

Are there any planned release dates for either of the two programs.  My subscription runs out, Aug 3, and I am EXTREMELY hesitant to renew. I have already looked at other options and am almost ready to use a new vendor for my services.  I know the moderators are listening.  But what about the programmers.  TB is an open source and it has been almost a year..  McAfee programmers are making Microsoft look good.

5 Replies

Re: Any Release Dates on AS 13 or Updated TB Extension??

A/S 13 is being beta tested as we speak and reports are it works OK in Thunderbird, however, I have posted a question to all users in the beta group to ask it they have any issues with it.

It shouldn't be too long until that version is released anyway.   I'll report any responses back to you.

Meanwhile hopefully the AntiSpam guys will chip in here.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/07/12 9:03:08 EDT AM

P.S found this post by mqsuser a McAfee person:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/231420#231420

Which states:

The toolbar needs to be enabled in Thunderbird 8.0 onward version manually by you.

You can enable the AntiSpam toolbar by doing the following steps.

Go to the tools menu.

Click on Add-ons-> Go to Extensions and Enable the 'McAfee Anti Spam Thunderbird Extension 2.0" as it will be in the disable state.

One you enable it then click on "Restart now" then you should be able to see the McAfee AntiSpam button over there.

Thunderbird is disabling all the Add-ons extension by default.

and a later post which states:

"Thunderbird Extension 2.0" will be shipped alongwith ASV13 which will be released soon.  

(in beta testing as stated above)

dms26
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Thanks.  I'll be watching.  Do they have a time frame?? (ie: days, weeks, months??)

Message was edited by: dms26 on 7/24/12 9:55:06 PM CDT

Not yet, sorry but it shouldn't be too long.

AS has been released for Thunderbird but as Mozilla turns off plug-ins by default you may have to enable it in Thunderbird Tools/Options etc.   If it's not there it should be soon.   Upgrades to software take a while to reach all servers and are often held up indefinitely by 3rd party McAfee suppliers, such as your ISP or PC makers, for those people who get the software that way.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community