cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frosty09
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

AntiSpam toolbar not showing after repair of...........

Jump to solution

First, I'm piecing together and old high-end Lenovo W530 laptop.  My W540 totally died and it's under warranty for three more years.  I don't have time to mess with that now.   I need something that just works.

So, on the W530 I upgraded from WIN-7 to WIN-10 with the freebie offer.  That had sporadic bugs, so I wiped the hard drive and did a clean WIN-10 install.  The next thing I did was to purchase McAfee and install it.  Then I installed MS Office 2010, and it failed to activate after numerous attempts.  After uninstalling the 2010 version of Office, I tried installing MS Office 2013, and it too failed to activate after numerous attempts.  NOTE:  When you install many MS products they bury activation and various other information information very deep in the registry in numerous places.  When uninstalling said products not all of the cloaked registry entries get removed.   MS, itself, offers a FREE tool to remove ALL traces of OFFICE programs -- I found and downloaded that and ran it.... and voila... MS Office 2013 installed and activated.   It's named.... o15-ctrremove.diagcab .... and it removed an additional 160-entries.

Later, I erroneously performed a repair install of Office 2013.   After using it for two more days I noticed the McAfee Anti-Spam Toolbar was missing from the ribbon bar in Outlook 2013.   I can't get it back to being visible and working.  And even though McAfee indicates that everything is ON and Working.... there appears to be zero activity from McAfee Anti-Spam.  

Do I have to do a removal and reinstall of the entire McAfee app, or can I just perform a repair overlay of the existing install?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
frosty09
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Re: AntiSpam toolbar not showing after repair of...........

Jump to solution

Cliff...

I'm currently using CHROME Version 52.0.2743.116 m (64-bit) and I update everything.  

I previously downloaded and ran MVT and it found and corrected some errors.   Though it didn't fix the problem.

I have just now installed and am successfully running SPAMFIGHTER PRO... no need for a McAfee Anit-Spam fix.  Again, NO NEED FOR A MCAFEE FIX FOR ANTI-SPAM. 

This topic is closed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

​,

Sorry to hear you are having such difficulty. Personally , I do not use the 'Anti-Spam Feature', it is quite possible that one of my Colleagues will pick up this thread and add to the Discussion. We do have Mods that indeed runs it.

Taking into consideration all of your issues with Office, it could quite possibly have corrupted your Software installation? (Just Stabbing in the Dark).  You can of course try running the Latest ( McAfee Virtual Technician) to see if it finds any issues. http://mvt.mcafee.com

In addition short of a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of your McAfee Software, can contact Technical Support (Free) of charge.  https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact  Via Phone/Online Chat being the quickest route. Contacting Technical Support is also available with-in the Link to (MVT).

During the interim, may I ask what Browser you are using? And are you current with all of your latest Windows Updates? It May be as simple as making certain you have your Anti-Spam enabled within your Browser?

Wishing you all the very Best,

Cliff

Intel/McAfee

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

What Cliff suggested re MVT would be my 1st suggestion as well. Failing that a reinstall as per below should fix the issue.

Reinstall Mcafee

Last choice is call support they might help I do assume they would suggest the reinstall and MVT and you having done them will help.

Support

frosty09
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Cliff...

I'm currently using CHROME Version 52.0.2743.116 m (64-bit) and I update everything.  

I previously downloaded and ran MVT and it found and corrected some errors.   Though it didn't fix the problem.

I have just now installed and am successfully running SPAMFIGHTER PRO... no need for a McAfee Anit-Spam fix.  Again, NO NEED FOR A MCAFEE FIX FOR ANTI-SPAM. 

This topic is closed.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Alrighty then...  Glad all is okay. Good Luck.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community