Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
logelida
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

AntiSpam Service not present???

Jump to solution

After doing a vitual technician scan which fixed a couple of problems, I redid it and there is a problem with the AntiSpam Service - not being present (MSK80service) how do I fix it?  Thanks

PS  My Session ID was 49873737

Message was edited by: logelida on 10/01/14 6:59:54 PM

on 11/01/14 7:57:42 EST AM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

Re: AntiSpam Service not present???

Jump to solution

Try uninstalling via Control Panel in the normal manner

Then running the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot

Reinstall from your online account.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

I assume you installed it was ie it actually present and now not or are you unsure if it was installed? What email program are you using?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 12/01/14 6:44:17 AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Moved this to Anti-Spam for better handling.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Try running the MVT again, sometimes that works.   Is Anti-Spam installed?  Open SecurityCenter and click About (near bottom right) to see if it's listed.   If it is listed open your email client(s) to make sure it's enabled.  

If it's not installed, or is installed but isn't working, then probably your best bet is to completely uninstall McAfee via Control Panel, then run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot and reinstall from your online account.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/01/14 8:05:51 EST AM
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi logelida

I presume that you are logged into the PC as an Administrator. Open "msconfig" utility and check in the Services tab that McAfee Anti Spam service is checked.

If Yes Open "services.msc" Window and scroll down to "McAfee Anti-Spam Services" on the right pane. Let me know if it is "Started" and set to "Automatic".

on 1/11/14 9:15:07 AM CST
logelida
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

I have found that the AntiSpam is off but when I press the button to "turn on" and then "done" it returns to the main screen of the Security Centre but when I go back the AnitSpam is off again.

I believe it was working previously, this has only happened since the update yesterday when it was continually saying the Firewall was Off and the Real Time Scanning was off - after pressing on for both of them a few times I restarted the computer and thats when I got a message to say  that there was a problem with the Anit Spam and now i can't keep it on.  I'm running another MVT but don't think it will help

Suggestions please - sounds like I might have to uninstall it and reinstall, but not sure how that works.

Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Try uninstalling via Control Panel in the normal manner

Then running the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot

Reinstall from your online account.

logelida
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Well after a lengthy process - I uninstalled, cleaned,  rebooted and reinstalled and AntiSpam is ON.

Thanks, now doing a scan and hope all will remain well!!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Glad it'ds OK now and hope it stays that way for you 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community