Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
czw
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Anti-spam Not Filtering

Mcafee Advertises: "The majority of emails are spam, and much of that spam is dangerous, offensive, or both. McAfee spam filters continuously to protect you from this shady side of the internet".   What a misleading sentence that is!

I purchased this product 8 months ago expecting it to work as advertised so that I didn't have to worry about it.  Well, it was a waste of money.   It does not filter spam.  98% of the time it does not work.  It does not identify or move spam.  It worked again for a few days this past month and now again it is not.  I see the spam feature has been a problem as far back as 2007 and beyond and is still being answered with:  "Currently we have such limitation and work on extending full functionality on all relevant folders".  I can't begin to tell you how many times I have seen that reply in my research.

I purchased this product to make working online safer and easier.  I do not have the time to spend hours and hours trying to get it to work when it should have worked when I bought it.  If they haven't fixed it in all these years they aren't about to fix it now.  I refuse to spend any more time on this problem.  I will not renew or purchase a McAfee product again.  I advise you all to look elsewhere also.

on 05/08/12 6:59:04 EDT PM
1 Reply
theleo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Anti-spam Not Filtering

what version are you using and did you call customer support ?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community