Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicTLIT
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Anti-Spam unable to be removed from outlook

Hello,

I am trying to remove the McAfee Anti-spam folder in outlook and i am having trouble doing it.

I ran the McAfee removal tool and rebooted the PC. I opened outlook and the anti-spam folder was still there and upon deleting it it would reappear after a minute.

i checked the options> add ins under the COM add ins and did not see the anti-spam or any related selection.

I am using windows 10 and office 365 outlook

I would really appreciate help with this problem.

Thanks,

Nic

3 Replies
Magesh
Message 2 of 4

Re: Anti-Spam unable to be removed from outlook

Hi @NicTLIT 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. If McAfee installed on the machine please disable the Anti spam feature and try deleting the folder from outlook. Please let us know the McAfee AV version and outlook Version you are using, Please check if there are any updates for outlook and try removing the folder. 

Regards

Magesh J

NicTLIT
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I have used the McAfee removal tool on the computer thus there is no mcafee installed.

Outlook version is office 365.

I dont have any trace of mcafee antivirus or any mcafee software on the PC at all.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Were you able to resolve this issue? We have a user that has disabled the plugin and has deleted the Anti Spam folder in Outlook but will reappear after sometime.

We have ePO but do not manage Anti Spam.

Please let me know if there is a solution.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community