cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fivekings5
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Anti-Spam buttons grayed out on Office 2016

I recently purchased a Dell desktop with Windows 10 and McAfee Live Safe already installed.  I purchased a copy of Office 2016 including Outlook 2016.  I activated LiveSafe and I noticed that Mark as Spam, Mark as Not Spam and Add Friend was grayed out on the Home menu and on the McAfee Anti-spam menu.  The Import Contacts and Settings buttons do function. I also noticed that no anti-spam folder was created. I only have one email account set up (optonline.net).

I have uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled Office 2016 several times.

I've deleted and recreated my email account several times.

I have uninstalled, rebooted, run the MCPR cleanup tool and reinstalled LiveSafe several times as well but the buttons are still grayed out.

Any help is appreciated.

8 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: Anti-Spam buttons grayed out on Office 2016

Have you tried running the Latest McAfee Virtual Technician to see if it detects any issues?

http://mvt.mcafee.com  Also you can contact Technical Support using that same link, 24/7 (Free). Hopefully someone will pick up this thread and add to the discussion.

Also, may I ask what Browser are you using?

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 9

Try:

1. Close Outlook.
  2. Click Start, Run, type CMD, and click OK.

NOTE: For Windows Vista/8/8.1/10 you must open a command prompt with administrator privileges. Click Start, Find, type CMD, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

3. Type CD C:\ProgramFiles\McAfee\MSK and press ENTER.
  4. Type REGSVR32 MSKOLPLG.DLL and press ENTER.
  5. Open Outlook.
fivekings5
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Thanks Ex_Brit.  I tried that and I get an error message:

The module MSKOLPLG.DLL failed to load.  Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.  The specified module could not be found.

Catdaddy I will give that a try.  I use Firefox.

fivekings5
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Tried Virtual Technician and it found no problems.  I will try Technical Support as well.  In my search I see this is a problem with earlier versions of Outlook and/or Windows.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

OK good luck.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

I also wish you the best   I would have thought that FAQ that Peter suggested ,would have worked? Please let us know how things go for you.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
midlandkim
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I am having the same problem with the anti-spam buttons being greyed out.

Running McAfee Livesafe and Office 365 Business Version 1802 on Windows 10Pro. 

Already tried running the Assistant and found no problems.  Tried the "REGEDIT" solution and had the same result as above.  It could not find the correct file.

sivasubramanian
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

Try the below steps

1. Close Outlook.
  2. Click Start, Run, type CMD, and click OK.

NOTE: For Windows Vista/8/8.1/10 you must open a command prompt with administrator privileges. Click Start, Find, type CMD, right-click Command Promptand select Run as Administrator.

3. Type CD C:\ProgramFiles\McAfee\MSKand press ENTER.
  4. Type REGSVR32 mskoladd.dll and press ENTER
  5. Type regsvr32 mskpxplg64.dll and press ENTER
  6. Type regsvr32 mskoladd64.dlland press ENTER 
  7. Open Outlook.
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community