cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loudo
Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: Anti-Spam and Thundebird 7

He was referring to adding email addresses to the friends list, to prevent them from going into the SPAM folder.

tacoslammer1
Former Member
Message 12 of 21

I must be missing something.  There is no "friends list" I can find in Thunderbird.  Since McAfee AntiSpam doesn't work (or add any folders) in Thunderbird, how can there be a friends list?  I am not well versed in Thunderbird, but I don't find that.  Not in Address Book either.

loudo
Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Most of McAfee works for me in Thunbderbird. The only thing that doesn't work is the McAfee toolbar is missing, but it still filters email. I just can't send emails that don't get tagged as span as SPAM, that are SPAM, to the Spam folder, or remvoe emails from the SPAM forlder that are not SPAM

tacoslammer1
Former Member
Message 14 of 21

OK, I found a Friends List in McAfee Total Protection.  It is empty.  I have never used it even when I used Outlook Express.  With OE I never had a problem.   For the few that ended up in the OE Spam folder that were not Spam, I just moved them back to the InBox.  The AntiSpam ToolBar was there with OE as were the folders McAfee loaded.   In Thunderbird, McAfee does not add any folders, Spam or otherwise.  And no toolbar.   I am totally dependent on Thunderbird to filter Junk email and put them in the Junk folder.  So I do not know if I get Spam or Junl mail that is wrongly marked.  I used to be able to search all the Spam files to see if any were wrongly marked as Spam.  The "Friends" llist in McAfee TP made no difference since it was empty anyway. 

Any files I foward that happen to have (SPAM) in front of the subject, I just delete the (SPAM) note before forwarding.  This type of file never gets moved anywhere.  So McAfee's AntiSpam is not working.  I don't even know if the SPAM notation means anything or not.  Also I don't know if Thunderbird added the notation or McAfee or my ISP.

McAfee needs to fix this issue ASAP.

dms26
Contributor III
Message 15 of 21

It's NOT working at all for me.  Every piece of mail is going straight to my inbox.  From day one, years ago, I always filtered mail by "friends only".  Since using Thunderbird, it does not filter anything while waiting for an update.

dms26
Contributor III
Message 16 of 21

HELLO!!  Is there any timetable to the Thunderbrd Fiasco.  I am really getting tired of having to go through hoards of mail. I have NO TOOLBAR and it does NOT FILTER my mail.  I called support the other day after running MVT.  MVT found 3 missing DLL files, which we already know are the problem.  The outsourced tech (you could tell by his grammar in his texts) wanted to un and re-install Security Suite.  I did not do it as I felt it was a waste of time, having checked the forums first for a posted solution.  Has anyone heard of this working.  And if so, why wasn't it posted? 

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 21

As you are probably aware, Mozilla has recently begun making some significant changes in their products, noticeably Firefox and Thunderbird, and also stepped up their release cycle i.e. they have drastically reduced the time between one version and the next.  One of the things they've changed at least twice by my count is the way add-ons can plug into Thunderbird.  We changed the toolbar to support TB 5, and within a few weeks that new plugin was 'broken' (technically, it still worked but Mozilla had changed the technology) by the next release of Thunderbird.  With Thunderbird 7, it appears they have changed the method that the add-ons must use (again).

So we're creating another toolbar plugin for Thunderbird 7+ which is scheduled to be introduced in the 2012 version of Anti-Spam (v.13).

Hope this helps.

loudo
Contributor
Message 18 of 21

Well here we are, August 2012 and on version 14.0 and McAfee is still not working in Thunderbird. This is getting old, been over a year since we had a tool bar to label SPAM in Thunderbird.

dms26
Contributor III
Message 19 of 21

Which program are you running?   I was running Inrenert Securiy.  When that subsciption ran out in Aug, I upgraded to Total Protction (which was also less expensive).  The new plug on MTP works great.

loudo
Contributor
Message 20 of 21

I am running Total Protection with Thunderbird 14.0 and no toolbar yet.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community