cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dms26
Contributor III
Message 1 of 21

Anti-Spam and Thundebird 7

Is there any time frame for Anti-Spam to be compatable with Thunderbird 7?

20 Replies
okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 21

Re: Anti-Spam and Thundebird 7

We are working on full solution which would be compatible for all future TB versions( unless Mozilla changes rules again).

I can't commit on final dates but this job is in progress and of high priority.

Sorry for inconvenience.

dms26
Contributor III
Message 3 of 21

Thanks.  I at least I know it'sbeing worked on.  I'll check back every couple of days.  Will a solution (update) post here or in a specific area of the McAfee website?  Or will it just update when the sftware connects looking for updates?

okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 21

Once we have working and fully tested solution we'll decide on deployment and we'll keep you updated on the forum.

Thanks.

tacoslammer1
Former Member
Message 5 of 21

Is there a target date for completing the solution?

loudo
Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Looks like we don't have to worry about 7.0 anymore, now that 8.0 is out. Just have to wait for a fix for 8.0, now.

okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 21

New implementation is in testing now. It is not a per-version fix, but general soluton supporting all recent and future versions of TB, given Mozilla APIs will not change much again.

loudo
Contributor
Message 8 of 21

It will be good to have the tool bar back, when it happens. I have all kinds of good mail being sent to the SPAM, and without to tool bar I can't tag it a good email.

okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 21

Sure.

Try to add friends or/and play with Protection Levels. Our engine is quite decent on false positives, you should not have too much.

tacoslammer1
Former Member
Message 10 of 21

What does adding friends do to get AntiSpam working?  What Protection Levels?   Also I get messages with (Spam) in front but no Spam folder exists for them as TP does not work with Thunderbird for AntiSpam - at all!  I now have TBird 8.0

Message was edited by: tacoslammer1 on 11/14/11 10:45:51 AM PST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community