Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blum
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

unable to login / did not received 2FA/OTP send to mobile phone

No able to login to my account

usename and password was able to login but did not receive 2FA code/OTP send to my mobile phone.

please Reset my account back to OTP send to my email address for verification login.

6 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 7

Re: unable to login / did not received 2FA/OTP send to mobile phone

Hi @blum 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know the below details for better understanding to help you further.

1. McAfee Version?
  2. OS version?
  3. Screenshot of the issue.

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari Durairaj

blum
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Screenshot 2023-07-18 073442.pngScreenshot 2023-07-18 073636.pngScreenshot 2023-07-18 073815.png

After login with username and password, the screen switch to confirm your identity. since then, I did not receive any 2FA code send to my mobile number xxxxxx3443.

I would like to request to reset this confirm identity back to OTP/2FA send to my email.

I had chat a few time with technical support, no solution provide. this is bad support, my company management is not satisfied with the kind of support from Mcafee. this may result result in switching to other vendor.

ET1
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

me too. since May 2023. i wasnt able to login to McAfee account. It prompt for OTP but OTP never comes into my mobile phone. 

can someone check on this?

i have logged very service ticket since may 2023. but, until today, i still didnt receive any solution. 

LuvDarkness
Contributor III
Message 5 of 7

Hi Guys,

No point PM McAfee Customer Services Team, I have tried to ask them to remove me from the 2FA and they say it can't be done and told me to wait...(it has been 2 months) and I have even tried to PM them a few times and their answers are "The Technical Team is looking into this matter"... So, maybe It's time we move to another antivirus service provider...  😂

P.S: I bought a subscription that can hold 50 license and now 2FA issue, I can't even mass deploy... 😓

KooAK
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

This OTP using SMS is a bad idea. I have to same problem and will not be able to renew my subscription as I cannot login with the SMS OTP. Apparently, the SMS sent from overseas is blocked by Singapore Telcom to prevent scams. The overseas SMS need to be registered with Singapore telco and Mcafee has not done that. Not sure if the same for other countries. Thinking MCafee will start loging revenue in a few years because of this until the management wakes up. Dont think they know what is happening yet.

https://www.imda.gov.sg/resources/press-releases-factsheets-and-speeches/press-releases/2022/enhanci...

LuvDarkness
Contributor III
Message 7 of 7

DO NOT TURN ON 2FA OR YOUR McAfee ACCOUNT IS A SITTING DUCK!

Screenshot 2023-10-01 233253.png

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community