Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2harts4ever
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

how to delete a computer I no longer own from my Subscription list

Hi,

I have had a three-device Subscription with McAfee All Access - Internet Security -- through Windstream -- since January 15, 2015 when I switched my internet service to them. 

On Sept. 12  I purchased a second computer (Dell Laptop) which I immediately put McAfee on too since I have a three device subscription.  However,  after using the Laptop for about 10 days I realized it wasn't what I wanted.  So. after removing all the programs I had installed on it (including McAfee),  I returned it to the store this past Saturday that I purchased it from for a refund.

I now notice that the Laptop that I returned is still listed under "Manage Subscriptions"  in my Online Account.  I am trying to find out how to delete it.

Today, I talked to someone from McAfee and they told me Windstream would have to be the one to delete the McAfee program from my Online Account for the computer I just returned because I purchased McAfee through them.  However, when contacting Windstream they told me that McAfee is who I had to talk too.

So, before calling McAfee back I decided to post on this forum to see if anyone had any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

9 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: how to delete a computer I no longer own from my Subscription list

I believe they drop out automatically after a fixed time but the best people to ask would be Customer Support, it's free by phone.

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 10

It is 90 days so we have been told  ask CS as Peter suggested

2harts4ever
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Hi Ex_Brit and Peacekeeper,

I appreciate both of your answers.  I am in the process of trying to contact the support people at the link that Ex_Brit furnished.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

2harts4ever
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

UPDATE:  I just sent a copy of my above post to the folks at the link Ex_Brit furnished.  I'll keep you informed.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

"sent a copy"  ?  Emailed?  They wont respond regarding account details due to your security.  Best phone them.

Or use online chat but phone is by far the preferred method.

2harts4ever
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

I sent it via their Support page from the link furnished.  An automatic response from them said I should get a reply within two days so I will just wait and see what happens from this attempt.  Also, maybe one of their techs will see this post and comment as to whether it does take 90 days to have a dropped computer taken off the account settings.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

OK, good luck 😉

dazza5
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

I have the same problem too.  I need the old subscription to be deleted from "My Account" online.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Customer Service are the only people who can do that:  Contact Support

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community