cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snuffles2004
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Why Do I Have I Have 4 Listing For The Same Computer

The picture explains it.  Problem is, I don't see how to delete 3 of them.  My mobile device give me a remove option, but these only say reinstall I am really only using 2 of my 3 devices.

McAfee.jpg

2 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why Do I Have I Have 4 Listing For The Same Computer

Hi @Snuffles2004 

Greetings from McAfee!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. When you uninstall your McAfee software from a device, you might need to remove the device from My Account. You might also need to deactivate the device in My Account if it isn't deactivated automatically.

Devices can't be removed or deactivated from My Account if you uninstall your McAfee software when an internet connection isn't available. In this scenario, the uninstaller can't contact the McAfee servers to remove or deactivate the device from your McAfee account, even though it's been removed from your device. Please Go through below KB for more information.

De-Activate Devices

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Snuffles2004
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why Do I Have I Have 4 Listing For The Same Computer

Thanks for the quick reply. It wasn't all that long ago I checked and it only showed my phone and one Lenovo PC. How did the other 3 get there? 

I wish McAfee didn't make it so difficult to delete them. And the link you sent said it could take 90 days. That is totally unacceptable. 

Dealing with tech support with just about everyone these days is a several hour event and most times not resolved. I will probably just let it go for now. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community