cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donuldvan
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Who decided to kill McAfee by spamming all your customers non stop?

Incase you weren't aware, your business is about to die.

Everyone, including me, is sick of having an anti-virus PAID FOR subscription that ends up spamming you more than you'd get if you just went without any antivirus protection.

If you think you're helping to grow your business by cross-selling other services... you're wrong. You couldn't BE more wrong.

Turn that crap off now. If you do it soon, you might have a chance of saving your business. Otherwise watch and see your subscription numbers fall off a cliff.

I'm about to uninstall McAfee on my laptop, desktop, wife's laptop, father's laptop and father-in-law's laptop. I'm one guy and you're about to lose 5 licenses as a result of your own stupidity. And i can see all across the internet that this pattern is being repeated over and over and over. All because of the unbearable spam you're forcing on your own customers!

Embarrassing. 

3 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 4

Re: Who decided to kill McAfee by spamming all your customers non stop?

Hi @Donuldvan 

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

Could you share the screenshot of the notifications that you are receiving. Kindly let us confirm whether it is from McAfee or scam notifications.

Regards,
Venkat

SickofYourPopup
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

The McAfee Uninstall routine has a survey that wants to know why we are uninstalling.

The very FIRST option in this survey is about too many notification popups. (That's the one I clicked, of course!)

It's very clear they know users are really annoyed by this problem, and have been for some time.   Perhaps the 'scare-ware' popups make enough return in revenue to cover the cancellations, and they just don't care.

cooljim
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

"You have 1.86 GB of junk files cluttering your PC"

To be more accurate, the nagging, focus stealing popup should read:

"You have McAfee junk software cluttering your PC"

It's time to give McAffee the 'Bud Light Treatment!!'
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community