Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DamusFucious
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Unable to finish Activation

Hello

When I finish typing my personal info and email address after installation of McAfee AntiVirus Plus, the next screen says my activation cannot be completed at this time. It says I may manually download my updates, but no automatic updates are available. It then says I must activate by 08/17/12, even thou my subscription lasts into March 2013. I did uninstall this prodcut a couple months ago when my internet speeds were slow and McAfee AntiVirus was causing my internet speeds to either freeze or lose internet connections.

I've since upgraded to high speed internet and now have reinstalled the software. I'm not sure if multiple installations have created this activation problem.

2 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to finish Activation

Moved this to My Account Online as a better place for it than Top Threats.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to finish Activation

Try first running

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

If no help I assume recently you were using another AV so did you uninstallit using its own removal tool? If not do so now. Does activation work?

Then if no help uninstall the program following this method

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

reboot and run the mcpreinstall tool again

Reinstall from your account

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community