cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KEYXTO
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Pop-up upgrade suggestions offers - Help they are driving me crazy

I have over 200 customers whom I suggested McAfee over the past decade, I am getting at least 10 emails a day asking me hoe to stop McAfee's suggestions to add new protections program ads from popping up.

I have tried everything I can to figure out how to get LiveSafe from continuing this extremely disruptive behavior. Can someone please tell me how to turn these blatant advertisements off???

4 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 5

Re: Pop-up upgrade suggestions offers - Help they are driving me crazy

Hi @KEYXTO 

Greetings from McAfee!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Since the McAfee is registered with email address, users may receive emails with subscription and offers as a promotion. In order to stop the email pls unsubscribe the same in bottom of email content that is received.

Alternatively, contact McAfee consumer support for more information.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Eartha
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I'm also experiencing this issue and it's not the emails that are a problem. It's a pop-up. At least 3 a day and it's really annoying. Since I have a paid subscription. I shouldn't be getting more "ads"

KEYXTO
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

It's not email spam.. It's the POPUPS from the bottom right corner of their screens. THE ADS that want them to add a subscription for your new privacy program.  These people PAID for a subscription and should not have to be continuously bothered by sales pitches. 

PierreR
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

So, isn't there an "opting out" feature for getting rid of this kind of pop-up? I'm also getting very frustrated with this kind of intrusive pressure to upgrade. My reflex tend to be opposite: desinstall and choose another solution.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community