cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill22
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

PIN reset email incorrect

On https://www.mcafeemobilesecurity.com/, the forgotten PIN question is answered with this confirmation text: "enter your McAfee PIN
Reset PIN email has been sent to aaaa6ccc24814d04bc4e33705b01dc34-fd8c8b30ccbf. Please check your email for link to reset device PIN."

Obviously the code line  (aaaa6ccc24814d04bc4e33705b01dc34-fd8c8b30ccbf.)  should have my email address, but it doesn't.

I asked customer support to replace this bad entry in the admin interface with my email address. Unfortunately, customer support did not understand what I wanted.

In my opinion, somewhere in the admin interface I should have to change this code to my email address to get the confirmation email, but the customer service could not solve this.

I am wondering who can fix this error? Email I could not write anywhere, customer service does not understand the problem.

Thank you, 

2 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 3

Re: PIN reset email incorrect

Hi @Bill22 

Greetings From McAfee!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Unfortunately we don't have a option to change those email address with code line.  The information below applies only to MMS versions earlier than version 5.2. If you are using version 5.2 or later, Secure Commands can no longer be used in MMS.
Also, from McAfee Mobile Security 5.5.1, which was made available in February 2020, we’ve changed the lock screen feature.

If you are using MMS 5.5.1 or later, you must now type your device PIN, and not your McAfee PIN for these features:

• Anti-Theft Lock and remote commands
  • Uninstall protection
  • SIM swap protection
  • MMS setup (when configuring lock screen features)

If you’re using an older version of MMS, continue to type your McAfee PIN when using these features.

Please reach consumer support for any queries.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Bill22
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: PIN reset email incorrect

Hi, 

Thank you for your prompt and professional reply, but the error could not be resolved.

When accessing the linked website, the PIN code of the device will not be accepted.
When logging in using the phone number https://www.mcafeemobilesecurity.com/forgot-pin.aspx, I get this response message:
No McAfee account associated with this email address or mobile number was found. Please try again.
My phone number has not changed in years. My existing subscription has been active for years. I have the latest mobile app on my mobile devices. 6.13.0.925 There is no feature in the mobile app to see the location of my devices, only the website. I would therefore like to log in to the website. 

Thanks if you know of a solution to the problem.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community