Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carriew
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

New PC & trail version

Jump to solution

I have a long subscription to Livesafe on my old PC  can I remove the trial version on new PC before loading Livesafe? or do i just reload Livesafe & ignore trial version.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
krishna55
Message 4 of 7

Re: New PC & trail version

Jump to solution

Hi @carriew,

Greetings from McAfee.

To remove McAfee products from the PC , kindly follow the steps mentioned in the knowledge article by clicking on the link below.

How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

View solution in original post

6 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @carriew 

Greetings from McAfee.

We suggest you to remove the trial version before installing your subscription to McAfee Livesafe.

Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the knowledge article below to install McAfee.

How to download and install McAfee products

For additional support click on the link below to contact support

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

carriew
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Thankyou I will do that when my PC arrives but one more question please. How should I totally remove the trial version I understood it to be hard to get rid of.

krishna55
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @carriew,

Greetings from McAfee.

To remove McAfee products from the PC , kindly follow the steps mentioned in the knowledge article by clicking on the link below.

How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

carriew
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Thankyou for your help. I have not had chance to try this yet but hopefully it will work.

carriew
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

still got something i am unsure about.

The instructions saying register your trial account before removing it says use usual email address- this is whats confusing me because

:-when the free trial first appeared if my memory is correct it said registered to

xxxxxxxx virginmedia.com, this was automatic i haven't registered it myself so i don't know for sure if it is registered or not.

My existing account with Livesafe is registered to xxxxxx ntlworld.com.

So now if i do try to register the trial before deleteing which email address do i use please.

Virgin or ntlworld?

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

i would suggest to contact the support link from the reply mcafee mod has done above.

since you have already an active subscription you could tell support that with a new bought pc a trial came with it pre installed.

ask support if they can add that trial subscription time to your current subscription.

one year ago i have done the same and was no problem for them.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community