cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TLLL
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

McAfee Covered Devices

Had McAfee for years on a Dell Laptop. Bought a new Lenovo (kept the Dell), and added the Lenovo and two (2) iPhones to the existing account (currently active until July 2024) after a trial subscription for the Lenovo expired. Everything has been fine since 2022 (expiration of the trial), and both iphones, and the laptops were listed in 'my  account'. Recently, only the phones and  the expired laptop appear when I access my account; can still run scans on both laptops. Chatline has been useless. Is there a non-call center number that can be used to speak with someone who can actually resolve the issue?

6 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee Covered Devices

Hi @TLLL 

Greetings from McAfee!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have sent you a private message. Please respond to proceed further. 

Regards

Ganesh Raju  R

TLLL
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Can you provide a contact phone number?

GaneshR
Message 4 of 7

HI @TLLL 

Thank you for contacting back. You can reach McAfee by contacting 1-866-622-3911[Toll Free]

Alternatively, you can reach McAfee consumer from below link.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

TLLL
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Have open request number 1-147587131 via Nezib Nelson. Used the community, mediator Ganesh Raju R replied. Tired of going around in circles with chatline, and waiting on the 800/866 number. Have had subscription since 2017 (Invoice PS1922046272) – latest renewal 6/6/23, invoice CS3287288327. Now, two laptops no longer appear in my account - still can run scans, but no verification as before. Need someone from McAfee who is competent, and can resolve issue. Or do I have to cancel and go to Norton, et al? Clock is ticking.

TLLL
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Just got off the phone with Mcafee tech support. Apparently, there is a bug / FUBAR with McAfee that doesn't display all covered devices in the 'my account' / downloads fields - result of latest update (sic)? Looks like scan / protection still works. Why didn't McAfee tell PAYING subscribers that they screwed up, and will resolve. Nobody directly from McAfee, the chatline, nor the community pages flagged this. Extremely poor customer service.

TLLL
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Just got off the phone with tech support. Apparently the latest update (sic) from McAfee doesn't display all covered devices. What a FUBAR. No notification either direct from McAfee or via chatline or community forum. Por, poor, poor customer service. If I didn't have a paid subscription until 2024 I'd tell McAfee to .............

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community