cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 1 of 18

How to turn off McAfee MARKETING popups?

Jump to solution

I use McAfee on Windows. 

How do I turn off the McAfee Marketing popups that keep trying to get me to install McAfee on multiple devices?  I don't want your marketing popups.  Only popup stuff if I have a virus.  Otherwise stay quiet.

I know I can click the X.  But that is not the point.  I should NOT have to do this every day.  Do not show then any more. 

How to turn them off??

mcafee.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 16 of 18

Re: How to turn off McAfee MARKETING popups?

Jump to solution

@jbritton001that's awesome! 

I just finally uninstalled McAfee.  I couldn't handle it anymore.  After uninstall and restart Microsoft Defender and Windows Security automatically kicked in. 

I noticed during the uninstall that McAfee is aware their notifications drive people away, as can be seen on their feedback form below.  I'm so glad to be done with all this madness!

mcafee-uninstall.png

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi @uninstallornot 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused; we request you to contact our McAfee consumer support using the below link.

McAfee Chat Support request

Regards,
Edward Franso

uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 3 of 18

Jump to solution

I already clicked the Support link.  That is what led me here. 

What is the DIRECT link for help?  What is your email or phone number? 

Please don't send me back into the maze of your support page.

uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 4 of 18

Jump to solution

2024-03-05_8-44-35.png

uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 5 of 18

Jump to solution

2024-03-05_12-33-29.png

uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 6 of 18

Jump to solution

What is your support EMAIL? 

Soulscour
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Jump to solution

From what I've read in other posts, they intentionally disabled the ability to turn of notifications in the general settings of their application.  However I just turned off notifications in windows settings and perhaps it will work.  I don't know yet.  You can get there from  Settings > System > Notifications and Actions

Then Turn off McAfee notifications.

Its to bad.  I would like to be notified if my computer is infected or something but it has instead turned into a method of junkmail.  I had the same problem with Norton and switched to Mcafee because I thought it would be not as bad but now I get popups every day multiple times telling me to renew.  I guess I will be relying on windows defender soon.

uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 8 of 18

Jump to solution

Thanks @Soulscour I did look into the Windows Notifications settings but McAfee doesn't show up in the list.  (Though, eitherway, I still would like actual virus notifications).  Thanks also for sharing about Norton.  I guess I too will be switching to Defender soon if McAfee can't stop their marketing notices.  I'm going to keep trying to work with McAfee since it's already install and I've been virus free for a couple years now, so it seems to be working. 

uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 9 of 18

Jump to solution

@Edward_FransoI took your advice and found the Support Chat and also the Support phone number.

When I called the support Phone, they walked me though my online account on how to turn off some Identity Protection settings, then they also said "someone from IT will now do something on the 'server' to stop the 'Identity Protection' notifications since my online account was fixed".  So it seems that the Identity Protection notifications have been stopped.  Thanks for that at least.

So that leaves the following notifications.  These keep popping up.  I'm going to attach each one so you can see how it's annoying to keep getting the same message over and over...

2024-03-14_7-36-35.png

and again:

2024-03-14_8-00-19.png

And again:

2024-03-16_9-16-48.png

uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 10 of 18

Jump to solution

For clarity, I wanted to compare McAfee to other programs on my computer:

McAfee shows marketing popups. Windows does not.

McAfee shows marketing popups. MS Word does not.

McAfee shows marketing popups. MS Excel does not.

McAfee shows marketing popups. Google Chrome does not.

McAfee shows marketing popups. Quicken does not.

McAfee shows marketing popups. Firefox does not.

McAfee shows marketing popups. Discord does not.

McAfee shows marketing popups. Zoom does not.

McAfee shows marketing popups. MS Edge does not.

McAfee is the ONLY program on my computer that keeps popping up Windows Notifications to Market other services or products. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community