cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martinjsxx
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

How do I turn off Identity Monitoring?

When I installed the product I got an email asking if I want to see security breaches on my email. I clicked on the service and now it has turned on Identity Monitoring with no way of turning it off despite looking everywhere for an option to do so. I do not want McAfee constantly checking my email for security breaches.

15 Replies
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: How do I turn off Identity Monitoring?

hello,

maybe the following service article can be of help;

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS103168&page=shell&shell=article-view

option 3 disable email/phone alerts perhaps from this article.

when this solves not your issue in the provided article is link to contact customer service for further assistance.

Martinjsxx
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Thanks for the reply but the problem isn't turning off alerts. I don't want the Identity Monitoring service to be active and be constantly searching for my email in security breaches. As far as using the contact function it requires me to give McAfee my phone number for "account verification" which I don't want to give out and McAfee doesn't have it now so they can't verify my account with it.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Thx for the update.

Will try asking mod for assistence.

@Venkat_YM 

Can you assist perhaps ?

Greetings 

Martinjsxx
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Does no one know how to turn off Identity Monitoring? I don't like my email address in some file being constantly checked. Maybe it's just a coincidence but I have started receiving unsolicited "daily trivia" emails from multiple senders. It is obvious spam and the timing is strange that they started coming a few days after I agreed to check for security breaches. I thought that was a one time check and not an ongoing activity performed by McAfee. I have not gotten spam emails in years but they started after Identity Monitoring was turned on. I really want to turn it off.

CraigSchmugar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 16

Please try these steps.

1. Login to your account via https://protection.mcafee.com/
  2. Click on Account in the upper right.
  3. Under Settings click Identity Monitoring
  4. Expand the Email Addresses section and remove monitoring
    1. Please let me know if you do not see three dots, or do not have the ability to remove your address
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Hello @Martinjsxx 

i would like to ask if the answer from Craig above from McAfee could help you solve your question ?

greetings

EMRE35
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

ı cant delete

EMRE35
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

cant solve the problem

EMRE35
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

ı cant remove my adress, if this problem continues i will cancel my payment and accounts and delete all mc afee, a virus program is acting like a spam, thats horrible

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community