cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phondo2
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How do I change my McAfee "My Account" password?

Hello. I went to My Account and cannot find a way to change my login password. We own 5 licences but somehow 7 were showing up as active. I want to ensure no one is stealing our account  login and using it. Thanks!

Message was edited by: Email address removed for privacy reasons 1/23/12 10:15:14 PM CST

Message was edited by: JaiPrakash on 1/24/12 9:54:48 AM CST
3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I change my McAfee "My Account" password?

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=CS40022

You can see what are the names and Ip addresses for each PC  as well in your account

Open My account as above

Click on subscription

Shows name of Pcs in this subscription

Shows IP address of PC by clicking view. (in bottom Right of screen the IP is shown) Are they all your Ips?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

If you have ever changed computers and failed to uninstall McAfee before getting rid of the old one, or simply formatted a drive and reinstalled Windows without removing McAfee first another license could feasibly be used up when you reactivate.  The same wouldf happen if you uninstalled McAfee using the cleanup tool without first uninstalling the normal way via Control Panel.

As Tony says you can check that on your account page and make adjustments if there are machines there that shouldn't be.

In case the account has been compromised you can also change the password by going to the account page and clicking 'My Profile' over at the left then, in Account Information click 'Update'.

Don't ever post personal information such as email addresses in public areas such as this, for your own protection.

If you have any problems just contact customer Service via the link under Useful Links at the top of this page, they can help you and it's a free call.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/01/12 7:24:31 EST PM
dieguits
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Phondo 2,

It is very easy to change your password.

Just go to my account and enter your account´s name. Afterwards, you should enter your password, but don´t do it. Just click where it says "Forgot your password?". You will immediately receive an e-mail which will include a link to change password. And that´s it.

Kind regards,

Dieguits

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community