cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1bite
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

How can I remove old computer names/icons from My Account Page?

My Account page shows computer names from previous years that are no longer in use.

How can I remove them?

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: How can I remove old computer names/icons from My Account Page?

Unused ones will disappear after about 60 days but you could ask Customer Service if they can expedite matters.  They are the ones with access to your account and are linked below.

Contact Support

---

Peter

Moderatot

1bite
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Kindly read my problem carefully.

My Account page shows computer names from previous years that are no longer in use.

--If old unused accounts shall disapear in about 60 days, why are the 3 year olds still showing up on my accounts page?

--In the old versions, the accounts page gave you the option of editing, like activate or deactivate, delete or add.accounts etc. This feature is removed now.

--You suggest I could ask Customer Service. I ask why in the world shall I waste my time doing that. I have deadlines to meet.

--I resolved the Security Center problem after 3 tries of removing and reinstalling.

--AND I AM TALKING ABOUT ONE COMPUTER HERE.....I HAVE 5 LICENSES..... AND 4 MORE PROBLEMS TO SOLVE.

--------BRAVO MCAFEE.

dazza5
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I have the same problem.  I just renewed my Total Protection AV and "My Account" still shows my computer icon with a red exclamation point.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

See my post above.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

As this is such an old thread I am locking it.

Please refer to my  amended post #1 above or start a new Discussion if you have further questions.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community