cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob_K
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Getting popup to extend protection even though Mcafee is uninstalled

I keep getting these popups and don't have Mcafee installed. I tried using the MCPR tool and also did the program features and deleted the webbase Mcafee and the pop up is still coming up even after rebooting the computer.  How do I get rid of this popup? It is very annoying. It is red and I attached a picture of what I am seeing.

3 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 4

Re: Getting popup to extend protection even though Mcafee is uninstalled

Hi @Bob_K 

We are sorry for the inconvenience!

Kindly disable Sites notification on your browser (Open Browser >> Settings >> Security and Privacy >> Site Settings >> Notifications). Also, refer the below article for additional steps.

Your browser displays fake McAfee notifications

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

Heavensalvator
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Don't listen to them, they are lying. That is not how you get rid of this pop up and they know. Most likely, you accidentally downloaded an app called PC App Store or something like that. Delete that honey, that's what's causing this. They know that it's not the browser. They're trying to sit here and say you have a virus, so you buy their stuff. This should be completely illegal. And I'm going to be contacting a lawyer. Because for your program, the state here and try to take over my computer. Just so I buy it should be completely illegal. Especially when I don't even have your software downloaded. And it was your program all right no fake. Maybe if you guys did more protecting and said a less hacking and some people stuff and trying to manipulate them into buying your products, people would actually buy it.. 

Bob_K
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

You are correct. I deleted all files and folders from pc app store and now no longer get popups!

Search the support room on where to find all the files and folders. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community