Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unhappycustomer
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Extremely unhappy former customer still being billed

Hi,

I used Mcafee in c. 2013 for a computer that I no longer own. I have since moved countries but I continue to have my credit card billed yearly. Each year I write demanding that it is stopped and never receive a response. The credit card is for my old bank in the country that I longer reside. I have asked the bank to block the payments however my only recourse is to cancel the account and open a new one which I don't want to do.

Can you:

a) stop debiting my account each year!!!!!????

b) refund me the debits you have taken???

c) ever respond to any email??

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Extremely unhappy former customer still being billed

Please contact Customer Service http://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Select your Country,Via Phone/Online Chat the most quickest.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Successfully moved from Consumer to "My Account" Online . Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

Just an FYI for anyone reading this, auto-renewal is always set to On on your account page at home.mcafee.com but you can always turn that off yourself at any time.

This is laid out in the terms that you click when first subscribing.  It always helps to read those.  I know many people don't so you aren't alone.

As far as emails not being answered, that is understandable considering emails aren't a secure way of talking about personal matters such as account billing details.

Customer Relations are always glad to refund if requested to do so within a reasonable amount of time.

That varies by country I believe, so best phone them at the contact link provided by Catdaddy (online chat is also a reliable method if that option is offered but do NOT use the email option for account matters).

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Actually discussing Account issues is better suited being handled by Customer Service. As we have no access or capabilities of assisting you. Marking this as 'Assumed Answered' and Locking.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community