Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laftrb
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Download Timed Out

G'day G'day,

Newbie here lost and don't know where to start, please help!

My story

My McAfee ran out on July 31. It was Aug 1 when I tried to download a 1 yr subscription.  I have a an order No# .

I started the download and it said around or over 45 mins  after over 4 hours it timed out and no download.

Now I am lost and dont' know where to go or what to do.

Please Help me!

Hugs N Giggles

Tracy

p.s don't understand Tags either

4 Replies
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 2 of 5

Re: Download Timed Out

Hi laftrb,

Could you please tell me which is the operating system installed on your computer (Win Xp, Vista or win 7) & also let me know how you connect to the internet (Cable, wireless...)

Please get back to us with these information which would help us to get this issue fixed for you.

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

laftrb
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Gd'ay Rakesh,

Thank You for trying to help.

I currently run  Windows 7 and have a wireless connection.

Giggles

Tracy

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Hi larftrb,

Please run the McAfee removal tool from : here and restart the computer :

Check and delete if you have any other security software in the computer.
Run the Mcpreinstall tool from
here
Login to your account from http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp (if you don’t remember the password use the forgot my password option)

After you have logged in , try re- downlaoding your products and let me know if you come across any issues

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community moderator

greg83867
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Hello Dinesh,

I have been having the same problem reinstalling my Virus Plus subscription as lrftrb, and therefore followed your advice to him... with no luck.  After many hours, days really, McAfee admitted that it coud not complete the installation because of error 12002.  Previously, it reached the same conclusion with error 7305 as the culprit, however.  The heart of my problem is that I live in a little village, pop 784, in northern Idaho and have (don't laugh) dial-up for my internet connection.  So for the past week I have been watching the green progress bar moving toward 120 MB, never to get there:  8MB...18MB...29MB...35MB...8MB....19MB...32MB....17MB... always striving, never achieving.

Oddly enough, the Task Manager shows an unbroken steady connection (~40% of 45.2 KB/sec) and the LocalNet Connection Status panel shows that no errors are being made, yet the McAfee download speed varies between 0.25 and 5.25 KB/sec.  No other applications are running on my Pentium(R) 4 CPU (2.53 GHz, 2.52 GHz  w/ 1.00 GB of RAM) which connects to the internet by modem.

I use SmartFTP (SFTP over SSH) for all my webwork and am hoping that there is a McAfee FTP site that will allow me to get on with my life, since your download site, IE8 and dial-up seem destined to fail.   Is secure FTP an option?  Alternatively, is there a CD that you can send me that will lessen the amount to be downloaded?

Thank you for your time and attention,

Greg83867

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community