cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Even
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Cancel a subscription without having access to the email adress

I purchased a laptop from an electronic store a while back, and as part of the deal, it included a McAfee subscription and a 3-year support service agreement. The store set everything up for me. They initially registered an Outlook email account with a recovery email linked to the store (I presume). Subsequently, they registered the McAfee subscription under that Outlook email. This happened approximately 5 years ago.

I've reached out to the electronic store to seek assistance in gaining access to this Outlook account (to cancel the McAfee subscription), but they are unable to assist me. (No one internally knows who set it up and has access to the recovery email). Additionally, they are suggesting a renewal of an expensive support subscription, which I don't currently need.

Since then, I've created a new Gmail account as I no longer have access to the Outlook email. However, I'm still being charged for a subscription that I can't access.

How can I cancel the old McAfee subscription tied to the email I no longer have access to?

I want to seek a refund from McAfee as well since I do not use their services.

1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cancel a subscription without having access to the email adress

Best way is to contact support.

Support 

Ask them to do the closure and refund

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community