Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steveo46
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Last Update Check

Hi,

I am new to this board.I am having a really strange problem.When I get a McAfee virus scan update, the date on the main security page does not change.On the bottom of the security page you have configure & About.I click on about & look at the virus scan.It tells me it did recieve the update on that day, Also the DAT file increments by 1 everyday.It just dosen't update the last update link on the sercurity page.Working with Tech support & getting no where fast.They try something but now I have to wait 24 Hours for another update to come in.Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thamks Steve.

Edit:

I recently posted a problem with the last update check not updating the date.I forgot to mention that if I run a manual update check the sercurity page does update the LAST UPDATE DATE.

Thanks Steve

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/7/09 9:58 AM
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Last Update Check

This appears to be a UI (User Interface) glitch which doesn't effect functionality at all and should be ironed out eventually through an update or with the next version that is released.

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi ex_brit

I appraciate the fast response.I am not sure what you mean by user interface.Do you mean me.I get the update & the Last Update dosen't change on the sercurity page.Also you had mentioned maybe next version.I just renewed my subsciption for 2 years after it ran out at AOL.he date will change if I do A manual update.I should not have to do anything I get the Automatic update & the sercurity page does not change.

Confused with your answer.

Thanks

Steve

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

The "UI" or User Interface is what you see when the SecurityCenter is open your screen.   It will probably heal itself through either an update at some stage or an upgrade to the 2010 products which should filter through from AOL not too long after they've been released generally by McAfee.  This will happen automatically.  Note that the 2010 products are still in beta testing so it'll be a while yet.

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

HI,

I think we are on 2 different pages.The last update does not update on the Main Security Page.I was recieving McAfee through AOL but my subsription expired.I paid McAfee direct to keep Mcafee.I only got a special discount becuase I am a AOL user.I sopke to Mcafee Tech support & they have no answer what so ever.Again I recive the automatic update every morning when I sign on.I look at the Last update & the date does not change.It never had a problem when I recieved it for free through AOL.McAfee wanted me to uninstall Internet Explorer.I refused to do that.If I run a manual update the date changes.This is a minor problem but when you pay McAfee close to $80.00 I expect it to work.I took out a 2 year subsciption.

Thanks

Steve

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Maybe remnants of your old version are hanging around.

Try the folllowing after temporarily enabling Windows Firewall/

1.  Uninstall all McAfee programs through "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel".

2.  Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MC....   This will remove all McAfee remnants from your computer. (you must have Windows Vista, XP or 2000 SP4 to use this tool)

3.  Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data". You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!
    In Vista: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming
If you can't find these files don't worry.  It just means that MCPR has done its job.

4.  Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products directly from your account at the McAfee web site.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/8/09 5:03 AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community