Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 1 of 3

Windows Security Center Issue

Windows7 Service Pack 1

If you ever experience Windows Security Center suddenly not recognizing that your Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Firewall is not active. Trying to simply (turning back on) through the Windows prompt (will not work) I have experienced this only a couple of times over the past (2) years. Normally when I have inadvertently interrupted a McAfee update.

Normally a simple Restart will solve the issue. I have found it to be relatively much quicker to:

1- First open McAfee Security Center and make sure your update did install, and of course all

is turned on. (It will be)

2- Right click on Time Clock

3-Left click on "Start Task Manager"

4- Left click on "Services" at the top of the Task Manger

5- Left click on the "Services Tab" at the bottom (Services.msc)

6- Scroll down the list of running services, you will see that your Base Filtering Engine-Firewall are both running.

7- You will also see that all of your McAfee Services are running.

8- Scroll down to Security Center (Windows)

9-Double left click on it to open, Stop the service, click okay.

10- Double Left Click on it again to open,and "Start" the service,click okay.

You will now see that in fact all of your McAfee Protection is indeed functioning, and is current and up to date.

Just thought I would mention this in case you suddenly may think you are not "Secure and Protected"

BTW..The start-up setting in Windows Security Center should be "Automatic (D)..Delayed.

Calling it a Night, GrandKids wore me out....

CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
2 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Windows Security Center Issue

P.S. Close out of Task Manager of course.....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: Windows Security Center Issue

Just experienced this issue with one of our users. Windows 7 "Action center" claimed Mcafee endpoint security is deactivated.

This is a problem for us since our Cisco Anyconnect hostcheck seems to be relying on windows to confirm AV is present, active and up to date. VPN conenction is rejected if all of the above is not true.

I was able to "refresh" action center by clicking the button "activate" or "Turn on now".

Capture.JPG

Is there a more permanent solution to avoid it from happening in the first place? At this time it's hard to tell how often this has been happening in my infrastructure. I tried running MVT but it seems that nobody sent it's database a memo that ENS 10.6 was released and most of its findings are regarding the name of the registry keys.

Capture2.JPG

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community