cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOYB
Former Member
Message 51 of 110

Re: Can't turn off "Windows Firewall: off" alert.

Ex_Brit wrote:

MCPR removal tool (see Useful Links at top of page) would have done all that for you.

That is the most/best help you've provided throughout this entire issue thread.

But even this tool to compensate for the flawed product uninstall, leaves McAfee remnants both in the registry and file system (Windows 7).

McAfee has been removed from all my machines, and they run so much better now, and without nagging about the way I choose to configure them (without software firewall).

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 52 of 110

As I said, good luck to you.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/01/11 7:15:21 EST PM
Peacekeeper
Message 53 of 110

Just a question to see if we can address this if others post is "is the message a mcafee warning or Windows security centre?"

Anyone take a capture of it?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 12/01/11 7:24:39 AM
POed_Customer
Contributor II
Message 54 of 110

Already answered this for Ex_Brit way back in the begining of the thread when I first reported this...  Please go back and read the first page or two and you'll see how this bug manifests.

Peacekeeper
Message 55 of 110

Read a couple pages and still a bit confused you mentioned  you get an alert but not what from. Haven't got heaps of time to spend reading as our city is flooding and wife a tad stressd so can you answer the question to save me the time. If it is mcafee that pops the message up I will try to reproduce the issue on my test box. If I can do it I will then bug report it for the next version Which is the version I am running on the test PC.

If it is Mcafee I assume they are worried re the geneeral users running without a firewall. They all are not as savey as you. I do see your point and there should be a way to shut mcafee up if you need to.

POed_Customer
Contributor II
Message 56 of 110

I'm affraid what you're saying is part of the problem.  McAfee not having the time (or enought concern) for their customers and their customers' time is paramount to the terrible customer service displayed throughout the treatment of this problem on this thread.  While personal problems are often distractors it's not a legitamate reason for McAfee to get customer's to do their work.  I'm in the software industry myself so I know what kind of work is involved here and who should be doing it.

All the information needed to understand and reproduce the problem is in this thread.  Please care enough to go read it.  The only further thing I will say is the bug manifests in a McAfee pop up and not a Microsoft pop up or dialog.  This is not a Microsoft problem trying to blame another vendor here is a recipe for failure.

TIME FOR MCAFEE TO DO THE WORK!

Dinz
Former Member
Message 57 of 110

Hi All,

I understand your frustration and realize that you have spent a lot of time and effort because of this. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and I will do my best to help you on this issue. Im putting together my resources so as we could get some more details and we could proceed further with this. Please give me a day's time , I shall revert back to this same thread with more info soon.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

Peacekeeper
Message 58 of 110

I will try top repro the issue been a bit distracted here due to floods.

Peacekeeper
Message 59 of 110

Ok reproduced the issue seems as thought Mcafee will not sit happy with no firewall installed on the PC.

This by design though I feel at least you should have the option to ignore/dismiss the message. I mean a dismiss that works that is mine did not affect the message.

windows firewall.JPG

Peacekeeper
Message 60 of 110

Being discussed within Mcafee tomorrow will update you or Dinish will.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community