cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nancyhol
Contributor
Message 41 of 68

Re: This message not processed by McAfee Anti-Spam

I also have TB 2.0.0.24 and Windows XP, and mine is definitely NOT fixed.

Did you do the workaround suggested above?  Or some other fix?  Or did it just start working properly again?  Inquiring minds want to know!

kmoffat
Former Member
Message 42 of 68

I did nothing. I logged in remotely to the two machines that had the problem, both running XP and Tbird 2.0.0.24, and both seem okay now. Will check them later when I go in the office to be sure, and let you know.

kmoffat
Former Member
Message 43 of 68

FYI: Remote login was using logmein.com.

Peacekeeper
Message 44 of 68

Can you all who are on TB 2.+ try setting the AS protection level to Minimal and let us know result . Also how many of you are on 2.+ and having the same message.

kmoffat
Former Member
Message 45 of 68

The message popup is gone as of today, using TB2 on WinXP with setting at 'balanced'. I made no changes on this machine.

Edit: just checked the other XP/TB2 computer, and the message is gone there also.

Message was edited by: kmoffat on 4/24/10 4:40:03 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 46 of 68

Ok a thought for users with version 2 or version 3 who are having this issue what is your AS protection level...

nancyhol
Contributor
Message 47 of 68

My AS level is the default, Balanced.  The second problem I am having is that my Anti-Spam won't stay "On", so I can't change the level to "Minimal".  My Anti-Spam immediately reverts to "Off" when I try to change it.

I have posted on the other thread "Can't turn on anti-spam filter", but no fix there so far.

Both of these issues have arisen in the past couple of weeks, so I can only assume they came from the McAfee updates that I automatically receive.  I am using Total Protection.

JohnDSutter
Former Member
Message 48 of 68

Another data point

I have been using TB 2.0.0.24 (20100228) since it was released and before that the relatively recent versions.

I have been running Total Protection for a year or so.

McAfee Total Protection was apparently updated last night or today (4/25/2010).  I am using all defaults with email.  The problem started today.

If I select N messages, use the toolbar AntiSpam->Mark As Spam, I get N+1 popups with "This message not processed by McAfee Anti-Spam".

-- John

russrussell
Former Member
Message 49 of 68

I have been havng the same problem since the last mcafee update, its driving me insane.  i've tried the tips that i've read here but still the same thing happening -  please help.

using mcafee internet security + thunderbird 2.0.0.24

Peacekeeper
Message 50 of 68

Those TB 2.0.0.24 users can you confirm what exactly is your issue is it the "This message not processed" 1 or something else

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community