Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcavey
Contributor
Message 21 of 68

Re: This message not processed by McAfee Anti-Spam

I have done the following :

1. Upgraded to Thunderbird version 3.0.3

This stopped the pop-up message from occurring although spam would correctly have a spam label attached to the subject line but remains in the inbox and is  not moved to the McAfee anti-spam folder or any other junk or trash folder. When you receive hundreds of spam messages a day, this becomes painful to eliminate all these messages from your inbox

Also, I lost the tool bar icon within Thunderbird to mark spam messages missed by McAfee.

2. Removed McAfee total protection according to the instructions you provided.

3. Reinstalled McAfee total protection

Messages are marked as spam but they remain in the inbox and are not moved to any other folder.

McAFee Tool bar icon still not present in Thunderbird.

I still find the situation undesireable and continue to wait for a solution.

Thank you.

mrice007
Former Member
Message 22 of 68

i have done exactly the same

i have added the mcafee anti spam icon my self in TB efter reinstall but it wont tag any messages as spam nor move them into the spam folder

Peacekeeper
Message 23 of 68

Mrice007 ar you on same version of TB? I would assume the no movement to folder and no toolbar could be the issue we were told about in that TB/mcafee at this time are not fully compatible.

If any1 is getting the tagging but no movement they should be able to set a rule to move any tagged emails to the folder.

I will reask Monday re this

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/03/10 6:15:40 AM
mrice007
Former Member
Message 24 of 68

yes im on TB 3.0.3

but it was compatible before the major update

Peacekeeper
Message 25 of 68

I know added a discussion item to our Monday call will hopefully have some info then.

akhanda
Former Member
Message 26 of 68

I have Thunderbird 2.0.0.24, and I too have been facing the same problem after updating to McAfee 2010, which has a very counter-intuitive user interface to boot.

Peacekeeper
Message 27 of 68

Issue passed on up the line that is all I was told sorry.

kmoffat
Former Member
Message 28 of 68

Just to verify that this is a problem. I have Windows XP running Thunderbird 2, with McAfee Total Security, and just started receiving this pop up error today after an upgrade/reboot. How can an upgrade be released with this serious an error? Wow.

This popup does not seem to effect Windows Vista, at least not here. I have total security on 2 computers, one with Vista, one XP. I also have McAfee Security center on an XP computer and several Vista computers. These have no problems.

Peacekeeper
Message 29 of 68

We were told that the issue was TB 3 in that it received an update that was not compatible with Anti spam. I thought TB 2 should have been OK.

kmoffat
Former Member
Message 30 of 68

I am running TB2.0.0.24 on Windows XP fully updated and this problem just appeared.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community